martes, septiembre 11, 2007

Interview with Arash Kamangir

This email interview with Arash Kamangir,an iranian student living in Canada was conducted by HR between August-September 2007.
His website http://www.kamangir.net/ is very popular and consulted every day.
A simple dry question/answer format may difficult tiny details.Anyway,here is Arash.
You can teach me about yourself.For example:Your age when you became a critic of the regime and why?
I am almost thirty years old.As of criticizing the regime,I have never supported it in the first place.
From 1979 to the present people in Iran was born under the clerics rule.Do you know the iranian population in this way?
I am afraid I do'nt know.
The" regime change"term is used many times by people in opposition to the actual iranian rulers.Do you consider this term correct or not?
Its depends.If we are talking about a regime change started and carried out by the iranians,then I am a hundred percent for it.However,some the people who advocate for regime change are in fact talking about change caused by outside force.I don't subscribe to that thinking.
Is your life in danger?(This question is about a recent incident with someone who posted Arash real name in his website)
I would say anyone who is speaking out against the regime of Iran is in levels of danger.Irresponsible people endager everyone.
Your website as many others put attention on several acts of barbarism like stonings.Which was your greater triumph against this?
The whole Iranian blogosphere was very successful in postponing a stoning.
(http://kamangir.net/2007/06/20/1-0-for-us-or-viva-iranian-citizen-journalism/) and also in making the Police admit their brutality in at least one occasion.(http://kamangir.net/2007/05/23/police-issued-a-statement/)
These two are of course only two highlights.
Are you religious?
No I am not.I am agnostic.
Whats means Arash?
Arash is a mystic hero in the Iranian literature.The word literally means strong.
In your thoughts:If Iran will be under a military attack and considering that it could cause deaths and civilian casualties,may it encourage the regime and make it more strong or descompose?
I am afraid I am not an analyst to answer this question.Let's just hope this does not happen.
Rafsanjani,the former iranian president was and is considered a "moderate" in some western circles.Do you agree with it?
More than anything else,he is a corrupt politician,to my understanding.
And Khatami?
I voted for him twice.He is not as radical as he should be,to my understanding.He is more of a philosopher.
You answer me that you never supported the regime in first place.Did your parents,friends or yourself made this way?
You mean,if they supported it?Some of them did and,and do.
Why did you choose Canada?
Nice country,and I could go to school here and had financial support.
Do you know something about Argentina and the current crisis with Iran?
Apparently,among other things,Islamic Republic has blown up a Jewish institute and has killed hundreds of people.They have done stuff like this in the past and they will still do them in the future,if they can.
Finally,you have a particular humour sense.So,how can you run it between the discouraged people inside Iran and the hope?
You have to have a sense of humor to talk about so many miseries!
Thanks Arash.

2 comentarios:

Frieda dijo...

wow! I read Kamangir's blog everyday, I did not know you knew him too. good interviw.

Anónimo dijo...

Thanks! :)